Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas upstairs

Is it just me or is everyone falling behind? I never post this late in the day but I missed yesterday all together and the next couple of days are going to be so busy! I thought I would show you the rest of the upstairs decked out for Christmas tonight.


I can't really say 'ready' for Christmas because this is all you will see of my sewing room. I picked up this little tree (it is only 12" tall) after Christmas last year. You can't really tell in the picture but it reflects the colors that are around it so it looks pretty pink in here! That is all the Christmas decor I have in this room, unless you want to count the piles of boxes, bags, gift wrap, things to be wrapped, gift tags . . . part of that busy, busy stuff I'm talking about! Gotta get it done, time's a tickin!


Not too much going on in the game room (or hubby's room) I'm using the fireman Santa stuff in this room again. I thought I would keep it real and not close the tv cabinet (it is really never closed unless I'm taking pictures in here) and I'm not about to try moving stuff off hubby's desk for photos!


Just a few of the fireman Santas


I put my three crochet stockings on the bookcase wall. My great-grandmother made these and I use them (somewhere) every year.


I swapped the lamp that usually sits on this table for hubby's lighted fire station.


I put the fireman tree right next to the table (so you can see it from downstairs - I'll show you in a minute!) This is at the top of the stairs. The door on the right, just past the tree, is the red/white/blue room. The door just to the left of that room (dead ahead of the stairs) is my sewing room and the twin room is on the left side.


It is so hard to get a good picture of Christmas trees. (for me anyway - I see some great ones, mine are not!) I took this one with the overhead lights off.


And this is what it looks like from the bottom of the stairs. That garland on the stairs needs help. I'm going to 'beef it up' next year. I would really like to add lights to it but I haven't figured out where to plug them in without having cords strung everywhere. Oh well, I'll worry about that tomorrow. (or next year)

Next up - downstairs decor!

4 comments:

Sonda said...

Love that fireman tree!

Mouse said...

love the fireman tree and yup I think a lot of folks are behind this year... me included !!! :) love mouse xxxx

Karen said...

You are behind because you do too much!!! But it is beautiful. Thanks for the Christmas Card. :)

Merry Christmas!!!

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous Christmas decorations in your home, Miss Tina! So festive! I didn't do good this year. I only put up one tree. None of my friends or family believe it, but that's it. I will live vicariously through yours!

Lovely, lovely!