Tuesday, December 6, 2011

If only

If only things went according to plans and I could actually cross things off my list on the day I intend to get them done, I would have a nice clean, completely decorated house by now and I would also have all my shopping done and wrapped so I could sit back and have fun crafting and baking for Christmas. Well, things never work that way - at least not for me!

All the decorations are out - I just can't crop enough crap out of the pictures to show much yet, so we will start with the coat rack I showed you here.


I used it to hang our stockings, but thought it looked a little bare with just the stockings so I added some lighted garland. Not a bad substitute for a mantle.


A close up of the snowmen that are twisted into the garland. I've had this for a long time - I used to use it over the window in my kitchen (at the last house) but hadn't found a place to use it here until now.

We won't even go into how far behind I am in reading blogs but I'm pretty sure it is going to get worse before it gets better.

I best get busy. Want to have a package ready to mail to baby boy and his bride tomorrow - I want to make sure it has plenty of time to make it to New York before Christmas!

2 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo it looks good with all the stockings hung there ... and don't panic you're not the only one wayyyy behind hahaha :) love mouse xxx

Terry said...

It is gorgeous with that lighted garland on top! I love it! I have a messy house to clean and NOTHING done for Christmas yet..at least maybe your pics will inspire me......