Thursday, February 13, 2014

A short break in the quilt show

 I do still have one quilt to show but I have such a hard time getting posts done these days, these might have been months old before I got to them.

Over the weekend hubby and I went to the DFW area to see the middle kidlet for his birthday. First stop was a meet up with Terry who was the first person to ever leave a comment on my blog. This is only the second time we have had a chance to meet in person. We ate lunch then walked across the street to spend some time window shopping at Cabbage Rose Quilting. our husbands waited patiently while we took our time looking around. I managed to come out with only 4 fat quarters, one yard of novelty fabric, one pattern and an eraser I'm eager to try. I took a picture of my little pile but I've lost it in computer-land somewhere.
Just as we were getting ready to part ways I had hubby take a quick pic of us (I'm trying to overcome my fear of cameras) If not for iPhones we would not have this one!


Then we scooted ourselves over to Lewisville to spend the rest of the day and night with the birthday boy. The birthday boy takes after his mother and hates to have his picture made, but I snapped one with my phone.We went out to dinner Saturday night and then out to lunch after church on Sunday before heading back home.


His dad couldn't resist leaving him a message on the fridge.


Hope you are all having a great week and not buried in snow. It's actually quite pleasant here today but I"ve been stuck inside all day. I'll have to get out tomorrow at some point for errands so I hope it is another pretty day.

If I don't get back to post that quilt tomorrow I will get it next week!

Have a great weekend..

3 comments:

pam said...

Always fun to meet fellow bloggers. Looks like a nice day

Terry said...

oh Tina...after seeing that pic..more dieting for me! lol

Carolyn said...

You both look great! We need to do it soon, too. :)