Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Two more chairs and why I'm home early


Here are the other two chairs. Summer Squash and Moss Green. I love the pink and blue, I'm getting used to the yellow and green. They will do for this summer anyway, then I will decide next summer if they have grown on me enough to leave them alone (I'm sure they will!)
Now - for why I'm home early on a Tuesday. I was just working away this afternoon when the lights went out. I went outside to see if everyone else on the block was out too or if it was just us, but yes, they were out too. Just about the time I got outside, the power came back on so I went back in, pushed the button to start the computer again and was on my way to turn on the other computer when the power went out again. So, back out the front door I went and this is what I saw



All of downtown is without power. Some people were saying it was a transformer and a few others said it was the substation but either way, it looks like it is going to take a bit for the power to come back on so we locked up and came home. For one thing, we can't do anything without power - and it is pretty dang dark in there w/o lights and for another - w/o air conditioning it gets pretty hot pretty fast! No sense in sitting around in the dark sweating when there is nothing we could do! I did call home to make sure my power was on before I headed this way! Maybe I can get a few things done so I can actually sit down and stitch before 9:00 tonight!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I like the all the chairs...they turned out great! No AC, yikes. I'm sure glad you had power, I know how hot it is out your way. It's not too bad here...in the 90s, tomorrow hotter. Hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope your power came back on.. Just wanted to say thank you for the very sweet comment that you left. I needed to hear that! thanks again, Susie H~

Anonymous said...

Urgh! I left you two comments on this post yesterday evening. And both times, after writing I don't remember what all, it said Blogger was temporarily disabled! Do you often have problems with this? It happened on quite a few other posts yesterday, so I finally gave up. Most bloggers seem to use Blogger. So this is becoming a real pain in the ass! Sorry about the rant. I'm going to blame menopause again... And for the fact that now I can't remember what I commented!
Brenda

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Boy you don't have to tell me about how hot it gets without A/C. Our downstairs unit blew the night we came home from vacation (Friday). And it's STILL not fixed. I'm on the verge of doing great bodily damage to the repair guy if he doesn't get his lazy butt over here today and get my air back on. One more excuse about the part not being on the UPS truck won't save his life this time. lol

Okay, I've vented now. Didn't mean to do that until you mentioned the power outage. ha! I'm off to read more of your blog.

Kari

annemarie said...

I love the green and yellow chairs - but then I love green. No power - no fun - not in Texas heat anyway!

Cindy said...

I love the chairs! It's always nice to get to go home a little early! Every time the power goes out at my office they make us wait around forever!

They air is full of smoke around here. There are about 700 wildfires burning in California and we are covered in smoke. One day I came out and everything was covered with a light dusting of ash. It smells like everyone is burning wood in their fireplace but it's not a good smell when it's hot outside!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh I love all the colors, Don't cha just love these chairs. I'm on a misson to find more of the metal yard furniture. I bet you really hated to have to leave work, huh?
Hugs, RoseMarie

Anonymous said...

Tina,
Love... love the chairs... they look so fresh and summerie...
Hugs
Linda

Kathy said...

Still getting caught up on blogs. Love the chairs. They are such yummy colors when they are put all together. Makes you want to eat them.

It is always fun when you get to leave work early. Looks like something bad happened and you will be without power at the shop for a while.

More time for stitching.