And I don't mean that in the good way. Over the past few weeks we have been taking some of the boxes and smaller stuff (that would fit in hubby's Pilot) out to MIL's storage building. We got one truck load last weekend when his niece came in to get a bedroom suite, then this past weekend we rented a (17' - biggest we could park where we needed to park) U-Haul. I spent all day Wednesday and Thursday packing boxes so by U-Haul time on Friday I was already tired, sore and cranky. (The husband said it was more like over-sensitive and bitchy, but whatever) We managed to get one U-Haul load, one truck load and whatever would fit in the Pilot loaded on Friday and hauled out (we could have loaded more in my van, but it was still in the shop) By the time we were through unloading it was dark. Went to grab a burger then back to the house to start loading the second load. We knew we couldn't get it all done but we spent a couple of hours so we could have a head start on Saturday. (thank goodness!) I have no idea who thought we could get it all in two loads but two loads barely got the house - we still had a garage and storage shed to empty. Mind you this garage never saw a car and 80% of the stuff in both places was moved in when the in-laws down-sized over 10 years ago and none of it has seen the light of day since. The other 20% was crap hubby's sisters have managed to stuff in there over the past 10 years. We could have filled half the U-Haul with the stuff we threw out (and the whole thing if we had thrown out everything we should have thrown out- every time I tried to throw anything out I got vetoed - then someone kept digging in the trash and hauling stuff back up the driveway but we won't go there)
Anyway - after 3 U-Haul loads, 4 truck loads and countless car loads the building is full. I didn't take any 'during' pictures because I was just wanting to get it done and over with but I did take a few as we were finishing up.
This is a 12' x 32' building. Remember when I told you yesterday that we couldn't have done it w/o Timothy? Let me just say, that boy can pack. He always could. If he tells you it will fit - he will get it in there, then remind you he said it would. If he tells you there is no way it is going to fit - he will sit back and watch you try your hardest until you finally cry uncle and he can say 'told ya'. I'm telling ya, the boy is gifted.
Yes - stuff is still going in. By the time we left at dark-thirty on Saturday, there was approx. six square feet of open floor space right in front of the door. I'm sure that SIL will fill that this next weekend when she comes back to 'take care of' the boxes she was supposed to be taking back with her. (we won't go there) There is still some cleaning and trashing to do at the house. I don't plan on doing it - SIL is supposed to do it this weekend but if it comes down to hubby going over there to do it over the weekend or staying here to start on the long list of things that have to get done before we can list our house, then I will go over there and do it.
I took a guide class on Bertha last week - I'm ashamed to say I haven't spent any time with her this week going over what we did in class last week. I'm going back to take class #2 today (there are 4 classes but this is the last one I can take this time - hopefully I can catch the other two next time around) I did finally get my van back yesterday so at least I'll be driving my own vehicle and can hopefully get a few errands done while I am there. (one of which is to get my eyes checked so that when I do finally have time to stitch, I can see!)
We did bring home a few 'goodies' during the past couple of weeks (because we don't have enough of our own crap to move). I'll try to get a few pictures up soon.
Better get moving - daylight is burning!