Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What was my name again?

Sometimes it does feel like I'm not sure what my name is anymore! I have notes everywhere - and I can never find what I'm looking for! I actually cleaned off my desk Sunday evening - and at the moment you can't even see the top! It's driving me nuts. I would show you a picture, but hubby took the camera with him this morning. He is going to drive by a few houses and take pictures since I couldn't go with him today. Still too much to do here - I'll probably be here another two weeks and he will be back and forth. Who knows. It is day to day around here right now.
We decided to go ahead and fix the van - we don't have time for car shopping right now and I think my brain is on overload already so at least fixing it will let us put that task off for a bit. At the moment my eyes are crossed from looking at so many houses online - I can't do cars too!
Last week (the same day the van blew up, I think) I got a message that they were going to start another guide class for my sewing machine. They only offer it about 3 or 4 times a year and the first one after I got Bertha was on Tuesdays and since I was working on Tuesdays I couldn't take it. Naturally they would decide to do it now! The girl said it was from 10am to noon and while I knew I really didn't have time and wouldn't be able to get the whole series in before the move, I figured it would be worth the two hours at least this week and next week. Better than nothing. Well - it was worth the FOUR hours today, but I really didn't have the time. If I had known it was going to be a four hour class, I probably wouldn't have signed up. I'm not sure exactly how much will stick in the brain anyway, but maybe some of it will. I decided since I am going back over for the class next week I would go ahead and make an eye appointment for the same day. (I decided this while I was trying to see what the heck I was doing in class!)
Since I have no new pictures I thought I would show you the cover I finally finished for Bertha. I spent the weekend with my friend Sherry right after Bertha came to live with me and this was our project. She was making a cover for 'Miss Leah' (her machine) too. Of course I didn't finish it that weekend and it sat over here for months just waiting to be finished. I don't know what I did with the directions so I just winged the rest of it. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

Hope you are all doing well. I'm trying to keep up with reading and make a comment here and there but I just don't have time to comment a lot at the moment!
Now, should I clean out a drawer or surf the net for houses for the next few hours?

8 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I think I'd look for a house. That is your abode, where your heart will be (aside from your husband!) For me, I can't relax until I know what my home will at least look like! I like Bertha's clothing. The colors are great.
Brenda

Lorilee said...

Love Bertha's cover. My machine has an old kitchen appliance cover. I think it may have been for a 4-slice toaster. Anyway, it does the job (if I remember to put it on!)
Blessings,
Lorilee

BS HONEY said...

Well, bless your sweet heart. My Mom would tell you that you have too many irons in the fire. In case you wonder, what the heck is she talking about....the way I understand is that many years ago the ladies would place special made, I guess metal, irons in the fireplace--to heat up for ironing the clothes. I suppose they used several as to always have a hot one. Guess some of them would get too hot, thus, too many irons. Bet you already knew this.

In your situation, what's a girl to do. Try to retain some of your sensibility, things will get better. I'm just happy that I'm not in your shoes and you probably wish that you weren't either.
Also wish that I could be there to help. I will pray for you and your family.
Blessings & Hugs,

Tommie Jo said...

Hey there fellow texan! I found your blog through Ribbonwood cottages blogroll & thought I'd stop by & introduce myself. My great aunt does embroidery & counted cross stitch too~so beautiful. I'ts something I'd like to learn some day (well cross stitch~don't know about the "counted" kind after she explained it to me, lol! I'm not a patient person with things ike that!)

Rue said...

I like Bertha's outfit ;)

You sure got handed a lot since I've been gone. I'm sorry you're having to go through all of it and I hope it goes smoothly.

(((hugs)))
rue

Michelle said...

I'd take a break and do some stitching??

Hang in there!

Michelle

LoriRay said...

You sure are dealing with a ton of stressful things...and then some! Hang in there!

I really like Bertha's cover. Great job!

Also, I scrolled down and saw your over one project. It's looking fabulous already! And I hear ya' about stitching in the car over one...nope, ain't happenin' here either. LOL

Linda said...

Love Bertha's cover.

Sounds like things are moving quickly....I say surf the net for houses...sounds more exciting. Hugs, Linda