Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting back into the groove

Or at least thinking about it!

All the Christmas decor has been taken down and put away. Now comes the task of cleaning and putting the 'regular' things back where they go. Or in my case, trying to remember what went where and where I stashed it while the holiday decor was out. Since most of my stuff is still on a quest to find a permanent home (I move things. a lot.) who knows what will end up where - but I guess that is what makes it fun!

I had all these big ideas for handmade Christmas gifts but most of them didn't pan out. I did sew up this quilt for my mother.

Never mind that I actually bought the fabric to make it two years ago.

Yes, it was planned as a Christmas gift two years ago and I finally got it made this year! Maybe there is hope for all those other projects I've had planned - someday.

Hope you had a safe New Year's weekend.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh I love the quilt you made for your Mom! I bet she loved it, too. :) The colors are so pretty....well worth the two year wait! LOL

When you finish cleaning and decorating your house, then come on down and do mine. I'll even come pick you up. LOL

Hugs..

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Tina :) The quilt is just beautiful!! Your mom is lucky to have such a beautiful, special gift. I think blankets are the best gifts!
Hugs,
Amy

Patty C. said...

Lovely Quilt - I am so impressed with your work !!