Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Buttons


A long time ago, I asked my grandmother if she had any of my great-grandmother's buttons. She sent me a little baggie with some in it along with a couple of crochet hooks (my great-grandmother did a LOT of crochet!). When my grandmother passed away I got a small box of buttons from her house. I mixed them together in this little jar along with the crochet hooks and a pair of folding scissors that was in the box from grandma's. Not many buttons - they both sewed a lot and I have no idea what happened to the rest of the buttons, but I'm glad to have this small collection. I keep them on a shelf here in the office where I see them often.

Melissa - thanks for the b'day wishes - it was in July, I just didn't post the pic of the window until now! LOL

Teejay - thanks for the instructions! I've printed them out and will try it this weekend when I have more time.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What sweet treasures.. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have some of your family buttons... I have a thing for buttons.... my sweet mother-in-law gave me loads.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Tina, thanks so much for stopping by. I love old buttons and I have jars and jars and old tins full of them. There's just something magical about old buttons. I guess they remind me of my grandmother and aunt, who would pull out their old tins to repair things with their buttons.

Linda said...

Sweet treasures, that are sure to bring back sweet memories. Linda

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

This is very special and now you will always have something to look at that belonged to your beloved Grandmother. So sweet! xo, Becky