Tuesday, April 5, 2011

From the retreat

Thought I would show you the rest of the goodies I came home with.


Okay - these didn't actually come from the retreat. Took a little ride into town during our 'off time' on Saturday and picked up a few fat quarters. That would be the folded ones - the rolled ones I picked up in a local shop last week. Fat quarters are like Lays potato chips - you can't have just one!

There is always some kind of 'theme' and this year was Lucky 13. (since this was the 13th retreat)

I hate it when I load pictures backwards - well, I'm not going to try to rearrange them so we will just go with the flow here. We each got one of these little wooden needles with the 3 Stitches logo on them. I put it with the ruler so you could see how small it is!


We also made our own counting pins and Pam gave us the elephant pin cushions. I've made counting pins before but it was fun to make them and not have to clean up the mess when I was finished! LOL


We also got some special thread - can you see the name on the card? It's 3 Stitches green! It was dyed especially for the retreat.
One of the ladies made scissor fobs for everyone - see the 4 leaf clover?


Here is more 'loot'. The trivet in the back was also a gift from one of the ladies - she made 40 of those things! It has a magnet in one corner and other stitching related things imbedded in it. (I thought I had a close-up but I didn't get it in here) The 'lady bug' came with grass seeds to grow grass in it, but I threw that away and am using for a snippet jar. The little Sudberry box goes with one of the projects that I didn't get a picture of. We got the chart, thread and fabric to stitch a four leaf clover to go in it. (may or may not end up with that in it - who knows!) The other 'flat' box is for finishing one of the other projects.

*These are pictures of the finished samples from the retreat - I haven't finished stitching mine, much less put them together!


One project was a pin pillow. I actually started on this one but I'm now where finished. It is all stitched on one piece of fabric.


And this is what the back looks like.


I finished most of the stitching on this thread pouch - I might actually get it finished someday.


This is what will go on the top of the box shown above.

and this is the inside. Cute, huh? I will probably paint my box white - or at least 'whitewash' it. The color looks fine with the piece, but I'm just a white paint kinda girl!

Pam always includes all the fabrics to finish out the projects with. The only thing needed to finish this up will be some sewing thread, glue and whatever I choose to stuff my pin pillows with.

We had a great time and are already looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can think of to say is HOLY COW!!!!! Glad you had such a great time.

Mouse said...

oooooo .. love the fabric yummyyy ... sounds like you had a fab time ... stitching is wonderful and I want a box like that :) love mouse xxxx