Monday, April 25, 2011

Patio pick-me-up

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

A couple of weeks ago we started getting the patio ready for spring/summer. (around here we kinda skip spring and go straight to summer)


A few plants on the corner. I need to take new pics - this is from a couple of weeks ago and the plants (mainly the hosta) have grown quite a bit. The flag is the other item in my exchange box from the retreat last month.


Got new cushions for the furniture. (Home Goods) I had the last ones for 5-6 years and at the old house the porch had no cover so they were quite faded (not to mention dirty - the dogs like to sit on the furniture)


The bakers rack that used to be in the breakfast room. The drawer on the left is the one with the bird nest. We now have 4 baby birds in there. (hubby took some pics yesterday but I haven't downloaded or looked at them yet)


I replaced the drop cloth curtains. Loved them, but they started to mildew almost immediately. I don't know if it is because of the humidity around here (which is most often high) or that they took so long to dry when we would get rain. I replaced them with these really light-weight polyester ones from Ikea. Five bucks for 2 panels. We bought 8 panels. So far, so good. Of course we have had no rain to speak of since they were put up, but if we ever do, they should dry quickly.


Looked all last summer for a small table to put out here. Found this one at Ikea - don't ya love it? They had black (they called it gray) and this green one. Of course the green is so much more fun! As an added bonus - it doesn't show pollen like the black would.


Also picked up a new umbrella. The one we got last year broke the first week we had it (wind - our fault for not putting it down) and it had faded. Got this one at Sam's. Love the colors!

Still need to paint the table, chairs and glider. They are starting to get some rust on them. Trying to decide on a color - I'm thinking blue at the moment. That might not actually happen this year. Time will tell. I'm working on another paint project at the moment. Might be a couple of weeks before I have it ready to show.

Guess that is all for now. My blog reader is still at 850+ feeds. Not sure I'll ever get through them all. Maybe I should just mark all read and start over?

3 comments:

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Cute little green patio table. Your porch looks very inviting! I think blue would be very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love it all! The tipsy planter is so cute..did you make it? love, Terry

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I love you outside areas !! Everything looks so colorful and ready for relaxing !!!