Monday, August 22, 2011

Enough already!


Enough with the extra hot, dry weather already! I feel like this poor hosta. (this is one that is supposed to take the sun and it did fine last summer - was doing fine this summer until the last couple of weeks) Geez. It is too hot to do much of anything. Frozen stuff is already thawing before you can get it home from the grocery store. (less than 2 miles, in the car with a/c going but that isn't even far enough for the car to start cooling off!)

Anyway - I was hoping to have an update ready for today. Not. We worked on both the bathroom and the guest room this weekend. (why did I start one before finishing the other?) Just couldn't get it all done. Had to do some cutting (shelving and mirror trim) outside yesterday and we did it early but it was still hot. Felt like it took forever when it really didn't take that long - you couldn't tell it by the sweat dripping off us.

I'm not even going to pretend any of it will be finished by tomorrow- heck, I'm not sure it will be finished by the end of the week. If you are still hanging around, I will eventually get back to stitching and sewing!

Time for a diet DP.

2 comments:

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

Oh, I hear you! I always MEAN to finish one room completely before I start another, but I just can't seem to do it. Oh well! At least you're having fun, right? (Hopfully?)

Best,

~Angela~

annemarie said...

I will hang around and wait for you - too hot to do anything else. Time for a diet coke - no DP for me!!