Thursday, May 24, 2012

The man at work


The end is in sight for the upper cabinets! I need to put one more coat of paint on the top trim (as soon as I finish this post) but everything else is painted.

The doors have been 'curing' in the garage and will go back up this weekend along with all the trim. I'm terrible at waiting for paint to 'cure'. By the time it is dry to the touch I'm ready to get things back together so the past few days have been hard! I've kept myself busy re-loading the cabinets. Everything is getting washed as it goes back in and I've been trying to figure out the best place for some of the stuff. (some of it is going back in the exact same place) I'll admit it is easier to move stuff around without the doors on!

Once we get the uppers finished this weekend, we will start on the bottom cabinets. Those will be fun! We are planning to add pull-out shelving to some (maybe all!) of them. Hubby is taking next week off so we can work on that. Not sure if we can get it all done but we will be giving it a try.

I'll try to give another update once the doors and trim are up.

3 comments:

vintage grey said...

Yay!! It is lookin' good Tina!! Can't wait!! Have a lovely night! xo Heather

Terry said...

What an accomplishment! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so exciting! I'm thrilled for you and I know you're ready for the finish.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)