Thought I needed something for the island in the kitchen
So I pulled out a charm pack I've had for awhile (Recipe for Friendship - Mary Engelbreit for Moda) and started sewing squares together. I didn't put any effort into figuring out what size I needed - I just sewed rows together until it looked like it might be about right.
I found this pink w/cherries fabric at Joann's and used it for the backing and binding. Threw it in the wash to get the 'used' look. (I like working with the fabric before it is washed, but I love the look of it being washed after) I really like the pink/cherries and had a hard time deciding which side to use!
I've got it 'topside up' for now but ya never know - I could change my mind at any time. I think the size turned out okay - another row added to either side would have made it too big and I like a little of the wood showing.
It is still hot here (about 10 degrees less than earlier in the week - still hot, but at least we aren't still in the triple digits!) I'm staying in and working on getting the office/sewing room ready to paint. Lots of stuff in here - and none of it is organized!