Monday, July 7, 2008

Blue

This is the hydrangea I moved from in front of the porch a couple of months ago. It really didn't like the sun and here it gets mostly shade. It finally has a bloom on it!

I've been waiting for weeks to see if it would turn blue (it is supposed to be a blue one, but who knows?)

and look - it is turning blue! Don't ya just love it? I have some other blues in my flowerbeds to share, but I think I'll save them as I won't have any stitching to share any time soon. I did finish a Christmas ornament yesterday but since it is for an exchange I can't post a picture yet. I've pulled the Red Thread project back out and I'm trying to catch up on it. I'm still working on my June square.
Hope you are having a wonderful Monday! (mine would be much better if I didn't have to go to Wal-mart after work!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Walmart makes me crazy! I can't shop there all the time. Too high-strung, I guess. Anyway, I have yet to see a hydrangea. But mine is only a year old. Put it in the shade, but still nothing yet. I think our Texas heat is hard on them. I'd love to have yours even if it stayed green!
Brenda

Linda said...

Hi Tina...your hydranga is looking good and I do see a tinge of blue:).

I feel for you, Wal Mart is not fun. I always seem to end up going on a Saturday afternoon and it's just a big zoo. If you are reading this that means you got home in one piece...that's a good thing. Hugs, Linda

Kay said...

Tina, I am pretty sure that the soil is what determines the color of the bloom. If the soil has acid in it, it turns blue.

Anonymous said...

Your plant looks very happy... glad you got some blue... I do love hydrangeas...
Hugs
Linda

Rue said...

Hi Tina :)

I'm soooo jealous of your hydrangea! I can not get one to grow :(

At least I can watch yours though ;)

I hope you had a great 4th of July. The house looked darling :)

Hugs,
rue