Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Simplicity

Thought I would make my post early today since baby boy came in last night and I don't always get to use my computer at lunch when he is here. He has one more show on Saturday then he will head back to Nac and start his on campus job on Monday. I can't believe my baby boy is starting his last year of college! Oh my! I didn't shed a tear when he graduated from high school but I get teary-eyed at just the thought of him being a college graduate!

Months ago I went to Canton with Margo and Vickie and we all picked up some of these door panels. I knew I wanted to make one of them into a Welcome sign I just wasn't sure exactly how I was going to do it. I had thought that I would put some flowers or vines or something along with the Welcome. A couple of weeks ago I found this Welcome 'sticker' (not sure exactly what you call it, but one of those Wall Words type rub-on things) anyway - I put it on the panel and it sat on the kitchen table for a few days. I decided I liked the simplicity of just having 'Welcome' on it so I propped it up on the front porch as is.

I might hang it up by the front door, but I'll have to think on that one and get the hubby to help with it since we have vinyl siding and you can't just hang stuff anywhere.
Hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

staci said...

Cute sign! I think those things are called "Wallies" or something like that (my sis would know!)

Anonymous said...

I like it just as it is! I'm going to have to look for those wall words. I keep hearing about them. Honey, wait until you have children about to turn 30 & 34! Then talk to me about it! (I started young!)
xoxo, Brenda

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea... door panel..welcome sign... Simply Sweet! Susie h~

Linda said...

I like the sign just as is.
YAY~~~you've got music.
Hope you are having a good week. Hugs, Linda

Margo said...

Love the sign, Where did you get the wallies? do they make other words, or just individual letters or something. It looks wonderful.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

Love your Welcome sign.

Could hang using chain links on the porch above the railing.

My parents had a similar wooden sign at their house that hung on a chain from the ceiling area above the porch railing. I thought it always looked good.

Hope things are going well for you.