Thursday, December 20, 2007

So far, so good.


I found these little glass ornaments in some boxes when I was putting decorations out - forgot I had them. They were each wrapped in tissue and stored in 3 different boxes. Too pretty to not use somewhere! I really didn't know what to do with them so I ended up putting them under this glass dome on the buffet. There has been a bet going around here on who would be the first person to pick it up and the ornaments go everywhere - funny how everyone's first guess was Jason. Well, Jason has been here since Monday and so far, he hasn't touched it. (yes, I do know I'm talking about a 21 year old and not a two year old, but sometimes his curiosity just gets the better of him - of course we could say the same thing about Timothy at times!) I think Jason and Ashley are going back to Nac today for a few days, then they will be back for Christmas. I have requested a picture of all 4 of the kids together at some point on Christmas day. We will see if that happens.
Thanks so much for the compliments on my ornaments. I do love getting them out every year. They all have memories attached. I will miss them when/if the boys ever decide to take them to their own homes, but that was the whole idea when I started their collections so I will deal with that when the time comes.
Today is my appt with the neuro. (wish me luck) I like her, but I always get really nervous about appts with her. I'm always afraid she is either going to throw up her hands in defeat or want to send me back to the tunnel of terror. I'm pretty sure she will at least change the current daily med as the last few weeks have been really bad headache wise. Hubby is off today and tomorrow so I hope to finish what little Christmas shopping I have left and get my grocery shopping done while we are out so I can have the weekend to give the house a once over then stitch and enjoy it.
Bren is having a give away over on her blog so be sure to stop by and get your name in the hat!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Good Morning Tina-
Thanks for visiting so early! You are right about the "higher power" at work. I could never have gotten the kids raised without the Lord. Some days you just wanna throw in the towel and give up. THey are the greatest joy and the greatest heartache all rolled into one. We just have to turn them over to God, don't we?
I like your ornaments in the dome - are they old? I've been seeing lots of decorating with those domes and the cloches (is that how you spell it)? I like the look of them alot. I don't have any. I will have to keep my eye out for them! Have a great Christmas and do post of pic of all 4 of your guys. I'm going to try to get my whole fam together for a group pic. It's like pulling teeth! Vickie

Michelle said...

I love your ornaments under glass. I wish you luck at your doctor's appointment..keep us posted.

Michelle

Jennifer said...

Don't be sad about the boys taking the ornaments for their own trees. Instead, think about them pulling them out one by one, remembering, smiling, laughing, and sometimes even tearing up a little as they tell their stories about where they came from and what they meant. My DH and I have our childhood ornaments on our tree now, mixed in with the ornaments we have purchased and made together, and our tree is a real source of joy to both of us.